Hot Cocoa Ice Cream Cones
These hot cocoa cones make great Christmas gifts!
Make all seven of these flavors with the following directions. You could help your kids make some to give as Christmas gifts to their teachers or make some for your co-workers and friends.
To Make 1 Cone You Will Need:
2 Clear Wilton(R) 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
4 Envelopes Nestle'(R) Rich Chocolate Hot Cocoa Mix
2 Small handfuls of miniature marshmallows
1 Handful of crushed candy canes or chopped chocolates
2 Small elastic bands (I used plastic hairbands for babies)
1. Empty contents of hot chocolate envelopes into one clear decorating bag. Leave a little air in the top of the bag, then tie closed
with an elastic band. Trim the top of the bag.
2. Push down the tied end towards the hot cocoa mixture to make an indentation. This is where the marshmallows and candy will sit.
3. Place the cocoa cone inside a second clear decorating bag. Line up the seams.
4. Put in marshmallows, then candy or chocolate pieces.
5. Tie closed with an elastic band.
6. Tie a ribbon around the elastic band.
7. If you want to include instructions for making the hot cocoa, you could print them up, punch a hole in the paper, and tie it on with the ribbon.
To print instruction tags, like the one pictured, click on a link below to read the PDF or right click to download it and print it. The tags are business card size and there are 10 of the same tag on each page. Print on card stock for best results.
Cocoa With Marshmallows/Peppermint Candy Cane/Cinnamon Candy Cane/Chocolate Mint Candy Cane/Ande's(R) Chocolate Mint/Chocolate Orange/Chocolate Raspberry
Instructions For Mixing Cocoa:
Heat water in mug for 1 1/2 minutes (microwave)
Empty half of cocoa into hot water and stir well
Add half of the candy and marshmallows
Repeat to make another mug or save for the next
time you want hot cocoa
*If you don't want yours as rich, add less of the cocoa mix.
Flavors Of Hot Cocoa Recipe:
*Classic Cocoa With Marshmallows*
Use only marshmallows on top of the cocoa cone.
*Peppermint Candy Cane Cones*
In a plastic ziptop bag, crush 2 peppermint candy canes to put on top of marshmallows.
*Cinnamon Candy Cane Cones*
In a plastic ziptop bag, crush 2 cinnamon flavored candy canes to put on top of marshmallows.
*Chocolate Mint Candy Cane Cones*
In a plastic ziptop bag, crush 2 chocolate mint flavored candy canes to put on top of marshmallows.
*Ande's(R) Chocolate Mint Cones*
Unwrap 8 pieces of Ande's(R) mints and cut each piece into 4 pieces. Place on top of marshmallows.
*Chocolate Orange Cones*
Use 4 sections of a chocolate orange (the kind that you whack to break into sections). Chop all 4 sections into smaller pieces. Put on top of marshmallows.
*Chocolate Raspberry Cones*
Use 4 sections of a chocolate raspberry ball (the kind you whack and it breaks into sections). Chop all 4 sections into smaller pieces. Put on top of marshmallows.
~Why not paint a ceramic mug to go with your cones? I have instructions on my
ice cream bowl page
that you can use to make mugs too. Look at this beautiful one painted by my 14 yr old.
Take it a step further, and make two or more mugs and the cocoa cones and wrap it all up in a gift basket. (You could even toss in a
movie with an ice cream theme.)
Return from hot cocoa to ice cream freaks home page
Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...
Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?
- Click on the HTML link code below.
- Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment,
your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.