Fun Facts On Ice Cream
Sharing these facts on ice cream with my family has been fun for me. It seems my younger kids are more interested in my findings than the older ones. Although they all share a love for ice cream, not all are enthusiastic about listening to me go on and on about what I've learned. So, I guess I will share it with those of you who can appreciate it.
Udderly Fun Facts About Ice Cream
- An average dairy cow can produce enough milk in her lifetime to make a little over 9,000 gallons of ice cream.
- A cow has only 1 stomach with 4 areas where food is digested: the rumen, reticulum, omasum, and the abdomen.
- The udder of a cow can hold between 25-50 lbs. of milk. (OUCH!)
The Milkfat Matters
- In the U.S., all ice cream needs to have a minimum of 10% milkfat if it is to be labeled "ice cream". This includes custard based (French Style) ice creams.
- Reduced fat, has at least 25% less total fat than regular ice cream.
- Light, has at least 50% less fat and 33% fewer calories than regular.
- Lowfat, can't have more than 3 grams of fat per serving.
- Nonfat, has less than 0.5 grams of fat per serving.
- In Sherbet, milkfat is between 1 - 2%.
- Sorbet, has no milk at all!
Ice Cream Nation
- The U.S. celebrates
National Ice Cream Month
- California produces the most ice cream in the U.S.
- The U.S. produces the most ice cream in the world.
Historical Ice Cream Facts
- Ice cream became available to the general population in France in 1660.
- Ice cream was introduced to America in the 1700's, but mostly enjoyed by those of status and wealth.
- Americans celebrated the victory of WWII with ice cream. In 1946, they ate more than 20 quarts of ice cream per person.
Unbelievable Ice Cream Facts
Join us on facebook
Simple yet satisfying to eat any time of the year -
Nutella Ice Cream
. Just can't get enough!
Mint Cookies And Cream Ice Cream
feels like a refreshing winter dessert and gets me in the mood for the lucky green month of March when we celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I'd feel really lucky if I had a bowl of this right now!
Do you fancy the romantic and unusual?
Spaghetti Ice Cream
is both. It's a fun dessert to share with someone you love. Your kids will especially love it too.
best blender in the world
for making 30 second ice creams, sorbets, and smoothies. Find out what else it can do.
This is how I'm building my website so I can stay home with my kids and "recession proof" our life.
Read my story.